You know how people always talk about living life without regrets?
I find that a somewhat impossible task. Here are things I may always regret:
- Not going to nationals for Academic Decathlon in 2002. We were so close – if only I had done a little better…
- Thinking freshman year would be easy and I could just take it easy like in high school. Those grades are stuck. They’re on my transcript despite redoing several of them.
- Selling my first car.
- Missing out on the great duplex deal we almost got with Ben & Krista. I’m still irritated that the lady’s husband gave away the contract, within an hour of the lady telling us we’d almost definitely get it…communication is important! Again, we were so close!!
- Losing (somewhere) my favorite shirt and favorite skirt. I bought them both right before the Romgi and I got married, and they both disappeared by our first anniversary. Even after we moved to this apartment I kept hoping they’d turn up somewhere.
- Unintentionally murdering the lizards.
- Deciding not to go to Korea to teach English. It’s probably for the best, because if we had gone, I’d be flying back to the US at 7 or 8 months pregnant, which may not even be kosher…but I feel like that was my chance to do something awesomely adventurous, and I turned it down. Also the money was really tempting.
- Losing the fish platter!
- Eating all of the Slim Jims…I need some more…
What are your regrets?